Friday, October 14, 2011

[RE]Nathan:"I have my racket!"

I can't stop laughing when I read Nathan's response post. He wrote:
Some people are scared of the darkness but I am not. I am not scared that people will rob me because I have tennis rackets to protect me.
I read this during lab class time. Then I  rush to Nathan's computer and mock him in front of Priscilla, Katherine and Stephy. And it turned out that all of us start laughing at Nathan. Yea that's what our friendship looks like.

I can totally understand that Nathan, a  guy whose mind is totally stuck with tennis, would say this. I may agree with him earlier in the school year, but not after the thing happened on two of my friends several days ago. It was late in the night; my friends were still walking outside for some reasons. Suddenly, two guys stopped them and pulled out a gun. They pointed the gun at my friends. My friends could do nothing but gave the robbers their wallets and cell phones. It was a right decision. Money is not an inherent part of the human being. Our life is more valuable than money. It would be silly to end up dead in a robbery.

It sounds funny how Nathan thinks his tennis racket is the greatest weapon in the world. When facing a gun, Nathan’s racket would just like a toy played by a three years old kid. If he choose to fight back, he may get injure, or die. I wish he would never do such a silly thing (or do it only when the robbers have a knife or something else besides a gun).

No comments:

Post a Comment