Friday, September 23, 2011

[RE] Friends


When I was reading my friend’s blogger as usual, Siukwan’s free post got my attention. Here is her post.
She mentioned:
 good friends are friends that you have a couple of common interests, that you want to be nice to and they will have your back most of the time. Occasionally, we can even trade secrets and gossip about our other friends. As for important friends, there’s already a trust built between you and them. They’re someone that you can ‘give your back to’ because you know that they will never backstab you. You still share some interests, but you won’t have to talk all the time when they’re around-being with them is already enough.

In my understanding, the important friends are like an upper level of good friends. I felt that I have several good friends but may not have an important friend. The first time I met a person, I would always try to be a good friend to them. For instance, I would try to find some common interests and treat them very friendly. As the time pass by, I can tell who treat me like a real friend and who can I really be friend with. There was sometimes that I see a couple of people as good friends (or even important friends), but found out that they speak ill of me behind my back. That was a horrible feeling, feels like some one stab hardly on my back with a knife, some one that I do not expect.

Sometimes I would find out the bad side of my friends. I would tolerate at first. Once it is not getting control and gets so much worse, I may not be friend with them as close as before. The distance will reduce the discontent. But this would be a rare case.

To me, the chance to find an important friend is very low. Some of my friends are truly have high positions in my heart. However, I do not have enough confidence that they would think the same way as me. Maybe it is because my best friends at 5th grade turn their back at me once. Although we were on good terms again, the scar remains.

I am a person that can not live without friends. Therefore I valued them.

No comments:

Post a Comment